In addition to the new Seventh Edition enhancements, IPS has retained the successful pedagogical features from previous editions:
• Look Back At key points in the text, Look Back margin notes direct the reader to the first explanation of a topic, providing page numbers for easy reference.
• Caution Warnings in the text, signaled by a caution icon, help students avoid common errors and misconceptions.|
• Challenge Exercises More challenging exercises are signaled with an icon. Challenge exercises are varied: some are mathematical, some require open-ended investigation, and others require deeper thought about the basic concepts.
• Applets Applet icons are used throughout the text to signal where related interactive statistical applets can be found on the IPS text Web site and CD.
• Statistics in Practice Formerly found at the end of each chapter, these accounts by professionals who use statistics on the job are now located on the IPS website and CD.
StatsPortal and Other New Media Options
StatsPortal is the digital gateway to the seventh edition of Introduction to the Practice of Statistics, designed to enrich the course and provide online homework through a collection of Web-based tools.